Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer:
Nobody wants to suspect that they have pancreatic cancer. Yet, if a person is experiencing the common symptoms of pancreatic cancer, they should get it tested for this disease. By knowing for sure whether or not they are suffering with it, they can get the treatment they need soon. This will relieve some of the symptoms and given the chance that they can live longer. But in order to get checked out they will need to know what the common symptoms of pancreatic cancer are.
These are provided in detail below-
- Stomach Pain that May Spread to Other Areas– Abdominal pain is one of the most common symptoms of pancreatic cancer. It occurs because the tumors press up against the organs and also the nerves in your abdominal cavity. Despite this sometimes the pain goes up against the organs and nerves in your abdominal region. The middle back and upper back is an example. As far as how often the pain occurs, it can be chronic or once in a while. So, don’t necessarily expect that in order to have pancreatic cancer, you must be in pain all the time.
- Appetite Changes– As the pancreatic tumor take over abdominal region, they will deprive healthy cells of vital nutrients. They may also suppress the stomach slightly. As a result you may experience change in appetite. This could lead to weight loss, since a loss of appetite would naturally mean you’re not eating as much. Unfortunately, many people may not identify weight loss as one of the common symptoms of pancreatic cancer, especially if they are actually trying to lose weight.
- Severe itching– Of the common symptoms of pancreatic cancer, severe itching is also one of the most unusual. It is caused by excessive bile accumulating in the skin.
- Jaundice– When it comes to the common symptoms of pancreatic cancer, jaundice is one of the most signature. This occurs due the body inability to dispose of bilirubin, which is a byproduct produced by worn-out blood cells. When the body functions normally bilirubin is disposed in bile. However, when a person has pancreatic cancer, bile flow gets blocked by the tumors. This results in yellowing of the skin, which is characteristic of jaundice.
- Digestive Troubles– When a person has pancreatic cancer, enzymes that is normally be produced by the pancreas get halted. This is a problem since these enzymes help ensure a healthier digestion. As a result a pancreatic cancer sufferer may encounter all the digestive problems, especially if the floods they are consuming are high in fat. Such difficulties will also lead to additional unexplained weight loss as well as malnutrition.
- Nausea– More advanced stages of pancreatic cancer may result in blockage of the digestive tract which could result in nausea.
If you have any of these symptoms, more so if you have more than one of all these symptoms, then you must consult a doctor. Aside from those experiencing the indications, people with past records of other cancer types and histories of cancer in their families, all should also undergo tests. Diagnostic procedures usually involve a series of X-rays such as angiogram, CT scan and ERCP, and ultrasounds like trans-abdominal and the newest Endoscopic ultrasound.